ADD ALERT, 23 November 2016: At its next council meeting on Thursday 15 December, we believe Eastleigh Borough Council (EBC) is likely to decide in favour of its Local Plan’s options B and C, its most destructive proposals, which would involve the development of 6,000+ houses and a major new road in, and north of, Bishopstoke and Fair Oak. We are appealing to anyone who is against these options to attend this meeting to leave EBC councillors in no doubt about the strength of local residents’ opposition. The meeting will be at 7.00pm at Kings Community Church, Upper Northam Road, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4BZ. If you need a lift, let us know. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Over 1,400 people have signed the petition against options B and C, submitted to EBC on 21 July 2016.
- Over 1,060 people support our cause on Facebook.
- Over 1,060 people have signed the petition to get the Chickenhall Lane Link Road built as soon as possible.
- Over 20 key local and national organisations support our cause.
- All three local MPs support our cause.
- Not a single person has responded positively to our question about whether anyone is in favour of options B and C!
ADD has done a vast amount of work getting to grips with EBC’s options and is strongly of the opinion that options D and E represent a better solution for our housing needs and for the future of our area.
If you value this area, and wish to protect it, please do SHOW UP to this crucial meeting! If you don’t, it could be too late.
Thank you very much.