ADD UPDATE, 3 May 2017: Ahead of tomorrow’s Hampshire County Council (HCC) elections, ADD invited each candidate for each division that will be impacted by options B and C of Eastleigh Borough Council (EBC)’s Local Plan (namely its plans for 6,000+ houses and a major new road north of Bishopstoke and Fair Oak) to submit an article of no more than 100 words that describes their position with regards to this proposed major development area.
ADD would like to thank all of the candidates who took the time to send us a brief statement on their views and position regarding options B and C, thereby participating in our virtual hustings.
Of the 11 candidates who replied to our open invitation, ALL said they support our campaign. The remaining eight candidates chose to ignore us. Please see the final count (in alphabetical order, by division) below. Those in green responded – click on their links to read their respective submissions.
Please SHARE this message and don’t forget to VOTE tomorrow, Thursday 4 May!
Bishopstoke and Fair Oak
- Ray Bellinger, Labour
- Steven Broomfield, Conservative
- John Edwards, UKIP
- Dave Hubble, Green
- Louise Anne Parker-Jones, Independent
- Mike Thornton, Liberal Democrat – NO REPLY
Eastleigh North (includes Allbrook) (Eastleigh)
- Andy Moore, UKIP
- Daniel Clarke, Liberal Democrat – NO REPLY
- Alexander Hughes, Green – NO REPLY
- Kathy O’Neill, Labour – NO REPLY
- Chris Yates, Conservative
Winchester Downlands (includes Otterbourne) (Winchester)
- Eleanor Bell, Liberal Democrat – NO REPLY
- Catherine Hutchinson, Labour
- Max Prieseman, Green
- Jan Warwick, Conservative
Bishops Waltham (includes Colden Common and Upham) (Winchester)
- Steve Haines, Labour – NO REPLY
- Rob Humby, Conservative – NO REPLY
- Victoria Jones, Green
- Lewis North, Liberal Democrat – NO REPLY